Absentee Ballot requests can be made at the County Clerk’s Office for the upcoming November General Election by calling Ozark 667-3607 or Charleston 965-2129.
Absentee ballots may be requested for reasons such as
1) unavoidably absent from polling site on Election Day
2) illness or physical disability
3) reside in a long-term care facility licensed by the state
4) Member of the merchant marine or uniformed services of the United States on active duty or service
5) Spouse or dependent of a merchant marine or uniformed services of the United States who will be absent from the place where they are qualified to vote because of the member’s active duty or service
6) United States citizen residing outside territorial limits of the U.S. and District of Columbia
If you’re curious about your voter registration, the Arkansas Secretary of State’s office offers that information on a website, and Franklin County voters, after Oct. 15 th 2018 for the November 6 th , 2018 General Election, can even see a sample ballot specific to their registration address.
Voters can visit www.voterview.org and type in their name and date of birth. That will pull up voter registration information, including address.
Voters can contact the County Clerk’s office — 667-3607 — 965-2129 if any of that information is wrong and get it corrected before early voting begins October 22, 8:00 am - 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday, and 10:00 am – 4:00 pm Saturday. Early voting ends at 5:00 pm on the Monday prior to the election.
Polls open at 7:30 a.m. on Election Day — Tuesday, Nov. 6 — and close at 7:30 p.m.
Voters will be able to cast their ballots at any polling place in Franklin County this year because electronic voting machines will be loaded with all ballots in the county.
For instance, if you have to take an aging parent or other relative to vote in one precinct while you live in another, you can also cast your ballot at the same location.